Nashville Casual – NYC Chic
Trattoria Il Mulino, from the iconic New York-based Il Mulino restaurant brand, is the latest restaurant to open its doors in Music City – but it’s not your typical Italian restaurant. Located in the heart of Nashville, Trattoria Il Mulino brings an energizing Italian fine-dining experience to Nashville’s budding restaurant scene.
Executive Chef Michelle Mazza (Il Mulino, NY) and Executive Chef Thomas Cook (Trattoria Il Mulino, Nashville) have joined forces to bring a unique experience to Nashville. Drawing inspiration from Mazza’s Il Mulino NY menu as his pallete of inspiration, Cook has painted an extraordinary experience of local flavors, contemporary favorites and tried and true classics.
Trattoria Il Mulino Highlights:
The Right Vibe
- Casual, lively see-and-be-seen atmosphere.
- Indoor dining area boasting 4,000 square feet of private dining and open concept layout.
- Al fresco outdoor dining patio with bar (1600 square feet).
- Centerpiece bar and exposition kitchen with wood-fired pizza oven.
- Extensive wine list featuring domestic and imports from Italy.
- Hand-crafted cocktails.
- Local craft beers + Italian classics like Peroni.
- Locally sourced food from local farmers and fresh, authentic foods imported from Italy.
- Dishes are created from scratch, including homemade mozzarella cheese.
Trattoria Il Mulino is open for lunch, dinner, and bar service.
Heading to Bridgestone Arena for a show? With complimentary valet parking, Trattoria Il Mulino’s location and trendsetting atmosphere are perfect for a pre- or post-show dining experience.
Thomas Cook | Executive Chef
Thomas Cook was named Executive Chef of Nashville’s Trattoria Il Mulino in December 2014. Cook’s wealth of Italian, seafood, and fine dining experience has positioned Trattoria Il Mulino as one of the best places to eat in downtown Nashville, TN.
- Redefined contemporary American classics as Executive Chef at Nashville’s Union Station.
- Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Award Recipient.
- Received the Distinguished Restaurants of North America Award as the Chef de Cuisine at The Old Hickory Steakhouse in the Gaylord Opryland.
- Assisted in the opening of Gaylord Opryland’s ‘Wasabi’s’ sushi bar.
Our General Manager
Rinaldo began his food and beverage career in Florence, Italy. At the age of 15, Rinaldo was hired as a server/bartender for Hotel Corona D’Italia. The experiences and memories of the food and wine he experienced in Florence molded who he is today.
After leaving Florence, Rinaldo moved to Santa Rosa, CA, and worked as a bartender. He took in the California lifestyle by visiting the surrounding wineries, enjoying new eclectic dishes, and working as a bartender before his budding career took him to Las Vegas, NV.
While living in Las Vegas, Rinaldo found himself rising through the ranks of MGM International and working with famous restaurateurs. It was in Las Vegas that Rinaldo’s skills and dreams came together. Now living in Nashville, when Rinaldo isn’t working, he’s spending time with his family.